A List of Good Things
- Read here.
- I finished my string quintet, A Man’s Will To A Woman. I had a read-through, learned of many things I need to change, but the piece is in a new stage where it can begin coming to life.
- I’m a new intern for the Nouveau Classical Project!! I can’t wait to see what they have in store for their season, what I can learn from them, and how I can be of help! They are such a talented bunch of musicians with a great vision, and are so inspiring to me. Now, I get to work with them, and be their friend. Honestly, I just have to turn my fangirl switch off now that I’ll be around them so much. I wrote about them here.
- I’ve had one lesson, and hopefully many more to come, with Missy Mazzoli. She is an INCREDIBLE composer. Her music completely rocks. She had this come out this year, and it is so beautiful and a rocking piece of music, and I go nuts every time I listen to it. You should too.
- Sarah Kirkland Snider had this come out just days ago. Unremembered is ridiculous and lovely. I will say no more than do yourself a huge favor and consume this. I’m almost mad how good it is. Actually, I am mad.
- I’m composing so much more. So many things at once, too. I’m writing music for myself, for piano, piano quartet + banjo, big jazz band, harp, and voice. I’m also finishing music for a choreographed dance that’s coming up soon.
- I’m a Godfather! My friends Adam & Megan had a beautiful daughter, Lily Aurora, and named me the Godfather. I meet her in person next week. 🙂 !!!!
- I’m getting back into running. That spirals me directly back to a calm therapeutic state of mind.
- I live with my best friends. Our individual and joint successes are on a definite upward trajectory, and I’m so glad I get to share that with them.